Saturday, February 26, 2011

Stolen




Stolen
by Lucy Christopher

2011 Printz Award

Teen




Stolen is a gripping YA novel that takes place primarily in the Sandy Desert of Australia.  Ty, a handsome young man with a troubled background, has a dream to live a self sufficient lifestyle in the remote desert of Australia with Gemma.  Unfortunately, Gemma knows nothing about this plan.  In fact, she doesn't even know Ty.

I felt the author did a tremendous job of capturing my attention with this book.  I found it difficult to put it down.  The book is actually a letter Gemma has written to Ty telling how she felt about everything that took place between them.  By writing the novel from Gemma's point of view, the author helped me understand and empathize with the confusion Gemma had about her feelings for Ty and what happened to her.  

I created a book trailer for Stolen using Animoto.  Check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment